Tanla Platforms Limited, India’s largest CPaaS provider, today Unveiled “Wisely Insights” – a first in the industry feature that will enable access to real time insights for leading enterprises, telcos, regulators, and the government. These rich insights are validated from two independent sources – blockchain enabled Wisely platform as well as core telecom systems that will result in a multifold increase in end-to-end transparency.
At Tanla, their purpose is “EC*2” i.e., “shaping the world of trusted digital experiences to empower customers and enable companies”. The Wisely platform, created in collaboration with Microsoft, is a step further in this direction, allowing them to serve their purpose better than ever before. Powered by block chain, it ensures complete transparency and is a single source of truth resulting in immutable audit trails and zero dispute settlements, was launched as the exclusive partner to VIL international network earlier this year.
To start with, they are making this feature available to all enterprises and suppliers on their exclusive partner VIL’s international network (on-net and offnet) through a single API. The feature will be accessible to all stakeholders irrespective of their commercial agreements with Tanla or VIL
What problem are they solving?
Today’s world of messages has a significant trust deficit between enterprises, message aggregators, telcos, and consumers. The primary reason for the trust deficit is due to 3 things, which affects more than 20-30% of the international messages:
- Counterfeits: Messages from enterprises are not being delivered as they get dropped by intermediaries. The industry refers to this loss as counterfeits
- Grey routes: Messages that do get delivered but are rendered ineffective, as they are delayed (particularly in time sensitive use cases such as One Time Passwords). These messages get delayed due to being attempted on several cheaper illegitimate routes, getting blocked and then eventually coming through the legitimate routes. These illegitimate routes are also referred to as “grey routes”
- Lack of data privacy, encryption and fraud: Messages that get delivered are not encrypted and are tampered with i.e., modified content, wrong headers, different channel of delivery e.g., OTT channels; resulting in significant data privacy and fraud issues as well as impacting the brand perception and brand value. This is further compounded generation of fake traffic and fake delivery receipts
How are they solving?
Through Wisely insights and their landmark partnership with VIL, they aim to provide all their Wisely stakeholders with a holistic message audit trail for the international messages being sent to the VIL customers, thus having a single source of truth for the entire message trail.
- Why is the concern originating? – Counterfeits, illegitimate routing (i.e., P2P Sim Farms, GT’s, Domestic A2P’s)
- Who is responsible for this? – Source of counterfeits split by network – Sources of grey route split by operators, partners and originating circles
- How is this happening? – Examples of headers and message content tampering
- What is the impact? – Delivery efficiency, impact on business, compliance etc., through E2E visibility from message generation to delivery
What is the impact?
Empowered by their insights they are certain that their stakeholders will see multifold impact:
- Enterprises can unlock distinctive customer experience by ensuring timely delivery through the right channels and routes, leading to an 8-10% increase in ROI on their communications and conversions. Furthermore, this will significantly reduce customer churn due to non-delivery and late delivery of messages.
- Telcom operators will have revenue assurance and avoid 20-25% of revenue loss through a reduction in message drops and usage of legitimate routes. Furthermore, this strengthens the relationships between telcos and enterprises
- Regulators and government can be assured of 100% compliance and adherence to applicable legal requirements (such as enablement of legal interception by telcos).
- End consumers can enjoy a gold standard experience due to on time prompt delivery of messages and be assured of 100% data privacy
Going forward, Wisely Insights will expand this feature to all digital interactions, suppliers and geographies beyond India.